Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Mail day Brooklyn Surprise

My friend Natali likes to write about mail days, and I like to read about mail days while feeling a little envious...hehe Only because I know how SUPER COOL it is to receive something in the post. There's something gratifying about waiting for a package or letter to arrive especially in this WANT NOW WANT NOW world of ours.

So my mail day arrived today :) I've waited about 4 weeks but my sketchbook from the arthouse co-op Sketchbook Project 2011 in Brooklyn, New York have finally arrived!



The idea is to order a blank sketchbook, fill the pages with a theme, mine is secret codes, and mail it back, where it becomes part of a travelling exhibition and eventually permanent exhibition at the Brooklyn Art Library. You and anyone can join in too - have a look here.




8 comments:

  1. Happy mail day Tanya! And Brooklyn is probably one of the best days to get mail from. They have little bookstores with wooden postcards ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just signed up and will be anxiously awaiting mine. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a brilliant idea! I hope to see some of your work soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just received my sketchbook in the mail here in northern Italy - YIPEE! (It took over 2 weeks to arrive).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carla! It's so great hearing from people all around the world. Thanks for dropping by :) Enjoy your sketch book project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited for you...mine arrived today!!! Yay, to the east coast of Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. isn't it exciting?
    i'm working on mine now.....


    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some months have gone by since receiving and sending back to art house. I went ent last weekend and going again this Sunday-last day. Take a look at my blog-photos and experience at the Brooklyn Library. http://margemalwitz.blogspot.com/
    Tag is: Brooklyn Art Library.

    ReplyDelete

So whatcha think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails