Monday, 9 January 2012

Happy Monday


Instead of racing full steam ahead, I've decided to ease into my first working Monday of 2012. It's made me think of work and life and how much of our lives we spend working. Last year I decided to work for myself and do more of what I love for a living, it EXCITES me, it INSPIRES and TEACHES me.

Mr Confucius said:    
“Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life.” If it was relevant in 479 BC, I'm pretty sure it's relevant now.

I've always been an advocate of hard work but there is a difference between working for what is yours and slaving away. In the last year I've discovered that the seemingly impossible can be achieved by small measureable actions or goals. Elephants too can be eaten in small bites.

So here are a few rules to which I've started to work by:

1. Do what you love and love what you do
2. Am I making it better than it was before?
3. Trust the process
4. The money will come
5. If you need help - ask for it
6. Two heads are better than one...
7. Go with what feels right. It probably is
8. When you're tired you s...l...o...w  d...o...w...n  Get some rest and tackle it in the morning
9. Solving the problem VS Finding a solution.... change that thinking.
10. Is my work honest?

Hope you had a good Monday - here's to working smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So whatcha think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails