Use them as tree, present or table decorations.
I used this geometric light-weight wrapping paper by Skinny laMinx, though any patterned paper will do.
- A selection of light-weight papers
- A pair of scissors
- A stapler
- Fold and cut a square of any size (using the directions in the spiral snowflake post).
- Fold the square in half, quarters and eighths until you have a zig-zag accordion fan, with equal sections.
- Fold the entire section in half and staple in the centre.
- Repeat this to make 2 equal sections.
- Carefully cut triangular sections into the ends and sides of the folded sections. Repeat the pattern on both sides to create a symmetrical medallion. Experiment with different cuts and angles for interesting shapes.
- Carefully open each section into a circular fan shape. Fasten each section at the ends with tape or a stapler to make the finished circular medallion.
Photography by Rémy Ngamije | remythequill.com